Re: Xchat Documentation

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Eric Baudais wrote:

> Peter-
>
> The Makefile.am needs to include the directory docs.  The configure.in
> file needs to add to AC_OUTPUT /doc/Makefile.  There needs to be a new
> Makefile.am written for the docs directory.  The help bindings needs to
> use the gnome help browser and the Makefile/RPM spec files need to change.
>
> The path to the docs uses environment variables so it doesn't make a
> difference is the user has debian or suse or caldera installed.  The path
> to the gnome help is defined in the gnome CVS under gnome-hello which
> provides examples on how to make xchat compliant with gnome help.

I didn't intend to do that, just launch netscape on a file:/ URL instead.
I sure don't have any env variable set to /usr/doc, but that's where all
my docs reside.

> I'm going to convert the sgml help file to Docbooks DTD, the standard for
> gnome documentation and rewrite the manual to bring it up to date with
> xchat 1.3.12.  I'm also going to add more detailed help on basic and
> advanced IRC commands.  Later I wish to intregrate Dagmar d'Surreal
> scripting documentation.

I'd keep it as it is in sgml and html. You better get intouch with AGL, I
think he said he wanted to update the docs too.

--
Peter. <zed@linux.com>