General GNOME User docs

We need to decide the fate of the GNOME Users Guide(UG).  On the one hand,
it is a fair amount of work to maintain and is a duplication of existing
docs.  On the other hand, it is the only somewhat comprehensive GNOME user
doc and we need it for the web and hardcopy.  Also, some people would
rather read/look things up in the UG instead of trying to find the right
document out of the large pool of docs on their system.  We can also
possibly index the UG, which would make it even easier for users to find
the documentation they are looking for.

Another idea would be to morph the UG into a new document, say "The GNOME
Desktop".  This would probably be very similar to the UG, but would only
consider things which one would consider part of the "desktop".  So we
would not include things like games, most applications, or fun applets.
It would only include things which one might consider part of the
desktop.  While I like this concept (dividing GNOME into the "desktop" and
then applications), it may be very tricky to decide where to draw the
line.  We may wind up making it more inclusive then exclusive, in which
case our document is the same as the UG.  If we do create a "desktop" doc
(which may just be our UG), then we could make it the default doc which
one searches when one pops up the help browser (Nautilus) and searches for
a topic.  This way a newbie could pop up the help browser (Nautilus), go
to Search or Index, and type in any topic relating to the GNOME desktop
itself.

We will also want to ship some other user docs:
	GNOME User FAQ
	Glossary
	Introduction to GNOME
        (maybe UG)
	(others?)

We may want to ship copies of the GFDL, GPL, and possibly other licenses
in here too.  Thoughts?

When Sasha and I were discussing all of this, we decided it may be best to
lump all this together into a single package called
"gnome-user-docs".  Sound good?

Dan