Re: Nautilus as help browser - first impressions.

Alexander Kirillov <kirillov@math.sunysb.edu> writes:

> Something is wrong with your docbook tools. On my system, db2html
> supports &mdash; and &hellip; (producing &#8212; and   &#8230;
> respectively in html output - I am not sure what these codes are, but
> they render as dash and ellipsis, as expected, in Netscape). Anyway,
> I do not care if jade supports them - we need them in docs, and if
> possible at all, I'd like to have them supported. This is a *top
> priority* for me as doc writer.

Yes this indeed should be supported. The numeric codes generated
(Unicode) can sometimes be killed off if you use HTMLtidy to clean up
your HTML (this has happened to more than one person) so if you use
tidy, make sure you add the -numeric arg to the command so it keeps
all Numeric entities numeric.

Jade isn't the problem in respect to entities (usually). Your dsssl
could be screwed up, but more likely, your catalog file may not be
calling the ISO files correctly, as well as the tidy problem I
mentioned above. Still it is your problem, as I know Mozilla and
Netscape support most entities. I don't know about gtkhtml.

--

David Mason
Red Hat Advanced Development Labs