Re: Nautilus as help browser - first impressions.

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 04:41:36AM +0300, Ali Abdin wrote:

> >    a. It doesn't support enitites, even — and …
>
> Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllll. for mdash and hellip this is a NONISSUE! jade (a.k.a
> db2html) does not render them - and neither will we.

Something is wrong with your docbook tools. On my system, db2html
supports — and … (producing — and   …
respectively in html output - I am not sure what these codes are, but
they render as dash and ellipsis, as expected, in Netscape). Anyway,
I do not care if jade supports them - we need them in docs, and if
possible at all, I'd like to have them supported. This is a *top
priority* for me as doc writer.

Also: about printing. I was not talking about using db2ps - this would
require that the user has docbook tools installed which is
unrealistic. I am talking about printing any kind of doc - manpage,
info page, sgml doc - using html, i.e. the same thing you'd get if you
view html output in netscape and click on "print" button. It is not as
nice as using db2ps, but much better than nothing, and should be easy
to implement (I expect, Mozilla has "print" button?)

Sasha