Re: entities in Nautilus (was Re: reduce redundancy?)

* John Fleck (jfleck@inkstain.net) wrote at 00:19 on 21/08/00:
> On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 05:52:39PM +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
>

> > OTOH, the browser doesn't have to work with the raw SGML/XML files
> > coming from the author.  We should install normalized SGML/XML files
> > with entities resolved (`sgmlnorm' and/or `sx').
> >

> These seems like a promising approach.
>
> sx applied to the gdp-handbook, which uses a number of entitities to
> include separate files, seems to generate a usable file that
> gnome-db2html can parse successfully.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of having
'gnome-db2html2' in the first place. Now instead of using 'jade' we use
'sgmlnorm' or 'sx'. Yes, its probably faster - but the whole goal was to
eliminate the 'compile' step of the docs (wasn't it?)

The proper approach is to handle entities in gnome-db2html2. Unfortunately,
this aspect of the code I do not understand. DV told me he'd look into it, but
apparently he hasn't :(

So at this time I can only say (in regards to entities) "I don't know"

Regards,
Ali