Tables now supported

* John Fleck (jfleck@inkstain.net) wrote at 02:11 on 09/08/00:
> Ali -
>
> I tried my hand at a patch to handle the informaltable, row and entry tags.
>
> I'm still not sure if I'm doing the diff right, but I did a cvs -z3
> diff -u as you suggested, and am attaching the file for your
> consideration.
>
> Let me know if this is more trouble that it is worth for you, but it
> is fun for me... :)

Well - After extensive hacking, (inspired by a patch from John Fleck) I have
got Tables working with gnome-db2html2. It was based on John Fleck's patch,
but I fixed some issues with it, and added a shitload of stuff on top of it :)

While writing this mail, I was gonna say there is one minor 'issue' left with
tables - but I was hit with an inspiration, so I idled and fixed it :)

This now means <table> and <informaltable> tags now work :) Just to try it
out, I tried telsa's kernel-locking.sgml file that she mail'd me - I had to
change a <chapter> tag to a <sect1>. It works just like jade except for a
minor chapter-related issue (i.e. it says 'Table 1-1' (for chapter1-table1. I
just have 'table1).

I have some questions though:

1) What does the <tgroup> tag do? I ignore it for now, and everything seems to
work fine. Jade also 'seems' to ignore it.

2) What is the difference between an <informaltable> and <table> - From what I
understand <informaltable> doesn't have a title and has a 'slightly' different
HTML tag than <table>

3) Can <table> have an id attribute? (i.e. <table id="table1">) What about
<informaltable>, can it have an id attribute?

I would also like to know of any bugs you encounter with table support. I've
only really tested it on the kernel-locking.sgml file telsa provided me with.
(Note: I have table support on my local tree only - you will have to wait
until I check it into CVS)

Regards,
Ali