Re: CVS, templates, and changes to docs

Alexander Kirillov <kirillov@math.sunysb.edu> writes:

> So here are some things which come to my mind:
>
> - licenses: FDL for docs, and software license section (GPL), and the
>   trademark blurb as suggested by Dave - I believe, this is mostly
>   agreed

Boy, I hope we all agree about this - we don't have a whole lot of
movement in this issue! But please let me know if you have problem
with it.

> - markup: whether to use <itemizedlist> or <variablelist> or something
>   else?

Uh - this is not something you can say "You must use an <itemizedlist>
for "foo" - the best we can do is make sure people have access to the
DocBook references - which tell you how to use these. I can not agree
to telling people any other way of using particular markup!

> - mouse: left/right or 1,2,3?

This is a great one and needs good discussion

> - application names: I'd suggest using the name of an application as it
>   appears in menu (e.g. GNOME Font Selector) rather than binary name
>   (gfontsel) in all documentation

Good one - lets talk.. I agree with Sasha here although I think I'm
Guilty of this crime somewhere along the line :)

> - proper capitalization and tags for Panel, Applet, etc

Yes yes... I have always capitalized Panel and Applet and
Capplet... can't think of others right now.

Cheers,

Dave
--

          David Mason