RE: CVS, templates, and changes to docs

Is there any freedom with this?  I won't stop writing if I have to use this
license, but I don't really like it all that much, the Open Publication
stuff from http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/ is more to MY liking.  As a
totally unrelated note, I believe that some of the lawyers from Macmillan
publishing house have approved this license for their books.

> > - markup: whether to use <itemizedlist> or <variablelist>
> or something
> >   else?
>
> Uh - this is not something you can say "You must use an <itemizedlist>
> for "foo" - the best we can do is make sure people have access to the
> DocBook references - which tell you how to use these. I can not agree
> to telling people any other way of using particular markup!

No, it's not a place where you can say use THIS for THAT, but guidelines are
a nice thing to have.  Something like, "Many GPD authors are using tag
<foobar> to markup examples of what happens when you click on a button."

> > - application names: I'd suggest using the name of an
> application as it
> >   appears in menu (e.g. GNOME Font Selector) rather than binary name
> >   (gfontsel) in all documentation
>
> Good one - lets talk.. I agree with Sasha here although I think I'm
> Guilty of this crime somewhere along the line :)

I have to agree about using application names and not binary names.
Although I think that what the "About" dialogue shows SHOULD correspond with
the name on the menu.
	Greg