Mouse button nomenclature
- From: John Kodis <kodis gsfc nasa gov>
- To: gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Cc: kodis jagunet com
- Subject: Mouse button nomenclature
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:19:26 -0400
There seem to be two different mouse button naming conventions in
use in the Gnome documentation: the "left, middle, right" style, and
the "mouse button 1, 2, 3" style. In the interest of consistency, I'd
suggest that we pick one style or the other, and use it throughout the
The pros and cons seem to be:
* The "left, middle, right" style:
- is a bit more concise in most contexts ("right-click" vs "click
mouse button 1").
* The "mouse button 1, 2, 3" style:
- applys equally well to both left- and right-handed mouse
- seems to be used throughout the X documentation;
- requires less thought (at least for me -- when I read "right mouse
button", I find myself translating this to "mouse button 3").
-- John Kodis.
] [Thread Prev