Evolution User's Guide Outline

I've included a quick outline of the Evolution User's Guide, and posted
the current draft at http://primates.helixcode.com/~aaron/

Let me know what you think...

aaron.

Preface: Introduction
   section: What is Evolution?
   section: What can Evolution do for me?
   section: About this book: A tour for part II, a reference for part
III, and some of each in part IV

Part 1: Using Evolution: A guided tour for everybody
   Chapter: The Evolution main window-- what's this? and other
questions.
  sect1: Using the shortcut bar to do/see/use stuff
  sect1: Using the tree-view bar to do/see/use stuff

   Chapter: The Mailer /*note that config is covered in the config
referencnce*/
  sect1: Getting and sending mail: as easy as
<guibutton>Send&Recieve</guibutton>
     also see "contact-manager" on the creation of mailing lists
  sect1: Organizing your mail
             sect2: folders
      sect2:  Getting really organized: Searches and vFolders
      sect2: Staying Organized: Filters and Actions (note scripting in
part III)

   Chapter: Contact Manager-It's all in the cards:
   (intro)
   sect1:  Creating, adding, deleting cards
   sect1:  Organizing and searching your cards: just like the mail.
      sect2: folders, searches, vFolders
      sect2: Mailing Lists and groups
   sect1:  Keeping a poker face: private and public cards
   sect1:   Do it for me: automation:
      sect2:Cards by mail, auto-add
      sect2:Map it!, etc. (not scripting in part III)

   Chapter: The Calendar:
  sect1: Scheduling appointments
     sect2: for yourself
     sect2: with others
     sect2: by and for others
  sect1:  I've got how long to get to that meeting? Reminders and
scripting them
  sect1:  Organize it: views, folders, etc.
  sect1:  Do it for me: Appointments by mail, and automating the
appointment process

   Chapter: GNOME-Pilot and LDAP:  Getting In Sync with No Strings
Attached:
   i. Once you set it up, it's automatic.  GNOMEPilot works with other
apps too.
   ii. See configuration reference for conflict resolution with calendar
and contact-manager

Part: Configuring Evolution: A Reference for administrators and power
users
/*sect1's here may be better off as listitems in a variablelist, or
<sections>. not sure.
Structure may change depending on how prefs are grouped in application.
Should be described
by interface/window/popup.  */

   Chapter:General Preferences:
 sect1:  appearance
 sect1:  Sounds
 sect1:  startup
 sect1:  scripting on/off
 sect1:  Hours in a day and days in a week: Time display.
   Chapter:Mail Preferences:
 sect1:  Identities
 sect1:  Servers
 sect1:  autocheck
 sect1:  forwarding,
 sect1:  formatting
 sect1:  Copies, drafts & templates
 sect1:  Return Recipts
 sect1:  Disk Space
 sect1:  Display of data from cards and calendar
   c)Calendar Preferences:
    sect1: Shared dates
 sect1: Scheduling permission: Who can pencil whom in?
 sect1: Alarms
 sect1: To-Do lists
   d)Contact Preferences: Shared cards, Cards with multiple addresses,
 sect1: Shared cards
 sect1: Cards with multiple addresses
  e)Synchronization: GNOME-Pilot and LDAP
 sect1: Conflict resolution with the calendar and contact manager
 sect1: Auto-synch

/*Sect IV to be added for later versions, or put into seperate book
"Evolution Developer's Guide" */
4: Advanced Scripting and Actions: A Guide and Reference for power users
and Hackers
   a) Introduction to actions and scripting
   b) Guide
       i.   Scripting your filters: "When I get email from my boss, page
me."
       ii.  Promiscuous Interfacing: Bonobo Controls and Evolution
       iii. Getting really 31337: Scripting integration with Perl, tcl
and so forth
   c) Reference: What interfaces does Evolution expose to my script?