Re: Bug in gnome-hello doc/ directory?

Dan Mueth escribió:

> I'm afraid we have let gnome-hello fall somewhat out-of-date.  The format
> of our documentation (and the Makefiles) has been changing quickly
> lately.  The documentation templates we currently use can be found at:
> http://www.gnome.org/gdp/templates.html

I think you must warn this in GDP Handbook... :)

> Most documentation authors don't worry about the Makefiles and how things
> are layed out in CVS.  We typically pass the sgml files and screenshots on
> to a developer who takes care of committing them to CVS, adjusting the
> Makefiles, and linking the program to the documentation.  Which developer
> we contact depends upon the particular application.
>
> If you are a developer and would like to either write your own
> documentation or bind in the documentation from another doc author:
> I would look at how things are layed out in CVS. Jacob did some very nice
> Makefile work that makes things very simple for applets.  So, for applets,
> take a look at (for example) Drive Mount Applet in gnome-applets in
> CVS.  For a non-applet application - I'm not sure what is the best
> up-to-date example... perhaps the Panel docs in gnome-core.  (suggestions
> anybody?)

I thought gnome-hello was THE reference, so instead of seeing other
modules, I look for gnome-hello. As it is outdated I will look other
programs as a reference.  I am developing software and I want to write
the documentation (at least the draft) so I need to know about docs and
how this are integrated in a source tree.

Thanks!

Antonio.