refernce to GPL in the docs

Hi folks:

it recently occured to me that while we  spent much time discussing
the license to be used for the docs, most of our docs do not give the
licensing terms for the *software* they document. This, of course, is
given in COPYING file in the source, and often also in the "about"
box, but IMHO, this should be repeated in the docs. SOmething like
this (in the "authors" section):

----------------
This program was writen by... and can be freely redistributed under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your
option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
General Public License for more details.

A copy of the GNU General Public License is included as an  appendix
in GNOME Users Guide.

Any comments? suggestions?

Sasha