Re: may i help u to make documentation on tamil language

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Sivakumar wrote:

> dear sir,
> i'm the one who loves to make tamil community availabe anyware in the
> globe whether it is internet of offline projects. and the growth of
> tamil language on the net and other high end programmes is so big. now a
> day like windows 2000 and other office product contains tamil fonts
> itself, windows 2000 is a unique code method so we can use tamil as a
> system font and the user also can make tamil softwares.

Are you saying you can use the fonts from Windows 2000 on the X Font
Server?

> so  i came to
> tell u that tamil language also a big one in the globe..the conuntries
> like singapore, india, malasia, netherland, newzeland, morutius and
> somany countries having tamil comunity people.
>
> if u like to make tamil documentation of Linux and gnome products, pls.
> feel free to contact me, already i have done two three documantation
> works of serveral comapanies in india. so if u like to have my service
> on ur company. just send me the sources for documentation through postal
> mail. cuz. i dont have internet connection and enough money too.

It would be great if you could volunteer to translate the GNOME
documentation to tamil.  I'm not sure there is fonts available for the X
Font Server in tamil.  I would check the translation's team webpage first
before you start: http://developer.gnome.org/arch/translate/ and i18n's
webpage: http://www.gnome.org/i18n.  If you have specific
internatilization issues about GNOME send an email to:
gnome-i18n@nuclecu.unam.mx.

I kinda doubt you'll get very far without access to the internet for at
least a little bit; so you can get the docs.  If someone is willing to
volunteer and mail the docs to you that might work.  GNOME is done solely
on a volunteer basis, so if you have an itch to translate the docs to
tamil by all means do so.

Best of Luck,
Eric Baudais