newbies

       Sorry if you get this message twice - I had some mail problems,
and apparently the first time the message was not delivered...

So: I did write the appendix to users-guide for UNIX newbies. I'd like
to hera your opinions on it before sending it to Dave for inclusion in
the main users-guide. Take a look:
html: http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/newbies/
sgml:  http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/newbies/newbies.sgml

In particular, I am not a native English speaker, so my style and
grammar are less than perfect.

	Best,
		Sasha
PS. I know that some of the links are missing - they will be there
when it is included in the main ug; I was just lazy to declare all
external entities properly