Re: GNOME Portuguese Translation Team

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Augusto Cesar Radtke wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Rodrigo Stulzer Lopes wrote:
>
> > Just not forget the Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR).
> > The Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese are very different in computer
> > (technical) issues. Let's not think pt is the only localization to
> > portuguese and make just one team. We have a strong pt_BR base here in
> > Brazil and need a specific team working on pt_BR issues.
> >
> > I'm a volunteer to be the pt_BR coordinator. Can someone make it true?
>
> Err, Rodrigo, I'm Brazilian and live in Blumenau. We are focused at all
> portuguese countries, if you look at the page we have a little icon with
> all countries that use portuguese language. I know that Conectiva have
> translated the GNOME User's Guide but we won't use it because we are
> trying to translate to a universal portuguese, a portuguese that can be
> read in all countries listed in that icon. But if you want help you can
> send me some chapters who isn't translated yet in our snapshot (see the
> status at the page) for revision.
>
> Btw, for logistic
> questions the GPTT link will change to http://www.poli.org/gptt, stay
> tunned.

Hi, since Rodrigo left for a two week vacation, I'm assuming these
questions here in Conectiva.

We had this same problem in other lists and have noticed that one pt
version is not good for pt_PT and pt_BR, as an example. There are problems
mainly with technical terminology. In the GNU list we --- brazilian
translators, portuguese translators and the project coordinator, Francois
Pinard --- have decided to split into two teams: pt_PT and pt_BR. I can
see the same problems with Gnome project.

All we want is to avoid doing the same work two times. Can we discuss it
better here? Or is a PVT discussion more apropriated?

BTW, the URL in your message isn't working. Could you correct this or send
me one that works? I'd like to see what you have done so that we can have
the same viewpoint on this question.

Regards,
Jorge Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com.br>