Re: GNOME Portuguese Translation Team

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Rodrigo Stulzer Lopes wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Augusto Cesar Radtke wrote:
> > Hi, it's up the website of a portuguese language translation team for all
> > gnome docs at http://bishop.sekure.org/gptt/ (in future will be
> > http://gptt.sekure.org), we are part of POLI Project (http://www.poli.org)
> > and we wonder if we can be the offical GNOME Portuguese Language Team.
> > Stay tunned for a big portuguese GNOME documentation.
>
> Just not forget the Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR).
> The Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese are very different in computer
> (technical) issues. Let's not think pt is the only localization to
> portuguese and make just one team. We have a strong pt_BR base here in
> Brazil and need a specific team working on pt_BR issues.
>
> I'm a volunteer to be the pt_BR coordinator. Can someone make it true?

Err, Rodrigo, I'm Brazilian and live in Blumenau. We are focused at all
portuguese countries, if you look at the page we have a little icon with
all countries that use portuguese language. I know that Conectiva have
translated the GNOME User's Guide but we won't use it because we are
trying to translate to a universal portuguese, a portuguese that can be
read in all countries listed in that icon. But if you want help you can
send me some chapters who isn't translated yet in our snapshot (see the
status at the page) for revision.

Btw, for logistic
questions the GPTT link will change to http://www.poli.org/gptt, stay
tunned.