Re: GNOME Portuguese Translation Team

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Rodrigo Stulzer Lopes wrote:

> Hi, since Rodrigo left for a two week vacation, I'm assuming these
> questions here in Conectiva.

Ok.

> We had this same problem in other lists and have noticed that one pt
> version is not good for pt_PT and pt_BR, as an example. There are problems
> mainly with technical terminology. In the GNU list we --- brazilian
> translators, portuguese translators and the project coordinator, Francois
> Pinard --- have decided to split into two teams: pt_PT and pt_BR. I can
> see the same problems with Gnome project.

Doesn't exist only Portugual and Brazil using the portuguese language, so
we at POLI are trying to using a portuguese style that can be read for all
countries that use portuguese language. Like I'm a Brazilian I would like
to translate the docs in pt_BR like Conectiva does but I can't because
these countries, I hope you understand this.

> All we want is to avoid doing the same work two times. Can we discuss it
> better here? Or is a PVT discussion more apropriated?

The POLI Project are opening a mailing list for this soon, I will notice
you so you can join us to help in this discussion.

We are updating the web page, for now try http://bishop.sekure.org/gptt/

--
Augusto Cesar Radtke
Sekure SDI