Re: gug-translation

> 1. Is there anyone else trying to do this? Upto now I have only the
>    first chapter, which gives very much space for working together.

I haven't heard from anyone doing German yet. This is great!

> 2. Is there a possibility to put the thing in CVS? That way one
>    could benefit even from only partial translation.

Most of the translation guys put there work in /desktop-docs/[language]

I assume your directory would be /de

> 3. Are there any tools for translating? At least it would be nice
>    to be notified on changes.

I will add you to my list and let you know when the big changes have been made
to the docs.

>4a.I use some words untranslated ("desktop") which is quite normal
>   in German today. Do I put them into special tags? (In HTML I used
>   to <em>-phasize them.)

I would recommend you translating the SGML source files and using the LANG="de" tag
to build the German version.  You can join the SGMLTools mailing list to get
help on this...

send the message "subscribe sgml-tools" (without the quotes)to
majordomo@via.ecp.fr

Dave
--

          David Mason