Re: Generating (and not generating) CSS files for XHTML

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 09:41 +0000, Elliot Smith wrote:
> Hello Shaun,
>
> On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 20:29 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 18:01 +0000, Elliot Smith wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I've been experimenting with Mallard a little today. I'd like to ask
> > > what the proper behaviour for gnome-doc-tool should be when passed the
> > > path to a CSS stylesheet, e.g.
> > Hi Elliot,
> >
> > Sorry for the late response.
> >
> > Version 0.16.1 didn't handle Mallard documents, so I suppose
> > you mean that the CSS file was generated for DocBook.  Looking
> > at the code, I see that the DocBook stylesheets output a CSS
> > file, but the Mallard stylesheets don't.
> >
> > I'm planning on retooling gnome-doc-utils quite a bit for 3.0,
> > and one of the things I want to improve is how CSS is handled
> > and how you can more easily customize it.  For now, I'm just
> > going to add a "css" command you can use to generate the CSS
> > for a Mallard document.  I'll try to get it in tonight.
> >

> Thanks for responding. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I've just released gnome-doc-utils 0.19.2 with this.  When
in a Mallard directory, run this command:

  gnome-doc-tool css -o output.css

Ideally, we should get this into the html build command,
but this should work as a stop-gap for now.

--
Shaun McCance
http://syllogist.net/