Re: Should PI be translatable string?

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 17:24 +0900, Yasushi SHOJI wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, thank you all for maintaining gnome-doc-utils. it has
> been working great with our docbook based manual for us.
>
> Now, we just started to use docbook processing instruction (PI) in our
> data sets. Running current xml2po on our data set shows that it picks
> up PI along with translatable string.
>
> So, my first question is "Should PI be a part of translatable string?"
> I'm just assuming it's not.

I'd say PIs should absolutely not be marked for translation.
I suppose it's conceivable somebody could be putting readable,
translatable text in a PI, but that seems like a pretty clear
indicator of bad design to me.

I'm CCing Claude Paroz, who's been handling much of the xml2po
maintenance work lately.

--
Shaun