Should PI be translatable string?

Hello,

First of all, thank you all for maintaining gnome-doc-utils. it has
been working great with our docbook based manual for us.

Now, we just started to use docbook processing instruction (PI) in our
data sets. Running current xml2po on our data set shows that it picks
up PI along with translatable string.

So, my first question is "Should PI be a part of translatable string?"
I'm just assuming it's not.

If the answer to the previous question is "not", my logical next
question is: where in the xml2po source code should I modify to fix
this problem?

to find out where, I dug a bit. I run xml2po on attached sample code
with enabling a debug code at the top of XMLDocument::normalizeNode()
in xml2po/__init__.py, I got:

> <text> (text) [PI Test]
> <text> (text) [Section Title]
> <text> (text) [sample table]
> <norm> (element) [<norm><?dbfo bgcolor="#000000" ?>Translatable String</norm>]
> <dbfo> (pi) [<?dbfo bgcolor="#000000" ?>]
> <text> (text) [Translatable String]

it seems to me that normalized node with PI is judged
"worthOutputting".  Is it right to assume that
XMLDocument::worthOutputting() is the place to modify and make it to
return false if element has PI?

TIA,
--
             yashi