Kickstarting Mallard

Hi,

So for a while now, we've been hearing about Project Mallard, how its
going to solve all the problems with help and end all the worlds
problems [1].  Unfortunately, not much appears to be happening with it
though :(

I've been approached by several people about getting Spoon up and
running properly and killing scrollkeeper.  This is one of the projects
within the Mallard umbrella [2].  Unfortunately, I don't want to go
ahead and work on Spoon without a clear idea of exactly what is needed
of it with respect to the rest of Mallard (for which Mallard really
needs to be started).  I know at least Ubuntu are ... excited by the
prospect of Mallard getting implemented.  I'm sure other distro's are as
well.

This email doesn't really serve much purpose, other than to suggest we
get on with it and start making stuff happen, and to point out that
there is interest in the project, outside of the doc team.

Is there a plan on how Mallard will get going, or the steps it needs to
take before it is ready for use?

Thanks
Don

[1] Okay, maybe not.
[2] Mallard Umbrella.  Nice.  I want one now.  Maybe we could finance
the doc team by selling them.