Re: Docbook versions supported by Yelp

Hi,

(Sorry, I apparently missed this first time around)

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 19:21 +0100, Matt Keenan wrote:
> Shaun McCance wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 11:13 +0100, Matt Keenan wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Just wanted to find out what versions of docbook yelp suppored. Does it
> >> support Docbook 5 ?
> >> I know dobook 5 is only at beta stage but I presume there is plans for
> >> yelp to support it ?
> >>

> > There is currently no support for DocBook 5,
> > and it's not very high on my priority list.
> > I'd rather put that kind of time and effort
> > into moving away from DocBook.
>
> Moving away from DocBook ?, I thought the push was to have all GNOME
> documentation
> written in DocBook, even man pages ?
>
> If not DocBook then what would be the preferred supported documentation
> format. ?

I believe Shaun is referring to the much anticipated, much rumoured,
Project Mallard [1], an attempt to move the documentation to a more
topic-based approach.

It hasn't happened yet, but hopefully it'll happen Real Soon Now (tm).
Basically, this will necessitate a move to a different document storage
format, which hasn't been decided yet (I don't think).

Don

[1] http://live.gnome.org/ProjectMallard