Re: scrollkeeper categories will put new users off the documentation

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 16:14 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- Don Scorgie <DonScorgie Blueyonder co uk> wrote:
> > > An alternative solution is to give "Manual Pages"
> > and "GNU Info Pages"
> > > better names, but I confess I can't think what
> > those might be, at the
> > > moment.
>
> That would do for the time being, until we can change
> the hierarchy.
>
> How about 'Unix Manual Pages'? Or 'Command line manual
> pages'? Something that makes it clear it's techy
> stuff.

Command Line Program Manuals?
Command Line Help?

> As for "GNU Info Pages"... I haven't a clue what those are!

They are what you get when you type "info programname". they seem to
have a bit more detail, perhaps "Command Line Program Guides" would do?

But really, there shouldn't be mention of the command line on the front
page of the GNOME help viewer.

Matt
--
mdke ubuntu com