generating standalone html with gnome xsl stylesheets (gtkmm)

Hello,

I've been doing some work on improving the gtkmm tutorial recently.
The tutorial is in docbook format and uses the standard docbook xsl
stylesheets to create the online html tutorial documentation [1].
This works fine, but the presentation leaves something to be desired.
 I toyed around with customizing the output with css, but then I
thought that perhaps we could just make use of the GNOME XSL
stylesheets that are used for yelp, etc.  If we used the GNOME
stylesheets, we could improve the look of the tutorial and make it
look more similar to other GNOME help documents, and also get the
benefit of not duplicating effort by creating our own customizations.
I tried doing it several ways but was unsuccessful doing so.  Is
generating static html files an intended usage scenario for the GNOME
XSL stylesheets?  If so, could anybody give me pointers on how to go
about doing it?

Thanks,
Jonathon

[1] http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/index.html