Re: yelp 2.12 changes for release notes

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 22:10 +0300, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> * Shaun McCance <shaunm gmail com> writes:
>
> > I spent most of my hacker time working on gnome-doc-utils,
> > especially the build tools.
>
> Then it might be worth mentioning gnome-doc-utils?  That would allow
> developers writing GNOME apps (who are not following GNOME closely) to
> switch to g-d-u.  I am really having a hard time to convince some
> projects to use g-d-u.
> The new system is awesome, and it should be widespread as faster as
> possible.

Sure, maybe under "Platform Improvements"?  It's not in the platform,
but it's one of those platformy things that lives in the desktop just
because it's not stable (yet).

Danilo's xml2po work is awesome, and g-d-u ties it together pretty
nicely with a Just-Works build.  To the extent that we'll even have
decent docs, we can expect to see far more translations of those
docs in 2.12, probably even moreso in the later point releases.

--
Shaun