Re: yelp 2.12 changes for release notes

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 08:20 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Could someone please write up the major user-visible changes for yelp
> 2.12, compared to yelp in GNOME 2.10? Feel free to write it directly into
> cvs.gnome.org/gnomeweb-wml/start/2.12/notes/docbook/c/*.xml, because we
> are late with this, but before the release notes string freeze on August
> 31st.
>
> Or add it to the wiki if that's easier:
> http://live.gnome.org/ReleasesNotes2p12Items

Well, that is a tricky one to answer.  It looks like we have a go-ahead
for Yelp 2.12 in Gnome 2.12, which is a big relief to me.  But then,
what
am I comparing it to for "new features"?  I did actually do a stable
Yelp
2.10 release, but it wasn't officially in Gnome 2.10.  It was, however,
shipped by most of the major vendors with Gnome 2.10.

So technically, comparing Yelp 2.12 to Gnome 2.10 means comparing Yelp
2.12 to Yelp 2.6.  (Yikes!)  But for most people, all that matters is
what's happened since Yelp 2.10, which isn't a whole lot.  I spent most
of my hacker time working on gnome-doc-utils, especially the build
tools.
So some of the rendering looks different (nicer, in my book), but there
really aren't any major improvements or features.  I'm not sure it's
really even worth mentioning.

--
Shaun