Re: [RFC] Proposal for GtkSourceView 3.24, 4.0 and 4.90

On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 12:43:10PM +0100, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 01:55:58PM +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
I've updated the wiki page with that proposal (Proposal 2) and added a
third proposal, a mix of Proposal 1 and 2:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GtkSourceView/TransitionToGtkSourceView4

And I've now added a fourth proposal, in my opinion more logical: just
bump the major version since there is an API break (and a major one).

So that's what I'm implementing, I've started this branch:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtksourceview/log/?h=wip/gsv-4

I think it's the sanest solution. (I've updated the title of the mail
accordingly).

The gnome-3-24 branch can be created, the jhbuild modulesets can be
modified as for gtk, and then we can merge gsv-4 on master and do the
work to remove deprecated features and rename the namespace.

Then we can try to port GtkSourceView to GTK+ 4, which will become
GtkSourceView 4.90 with the API version bumped to 5.

--
Sébastien