DevHelp: docset bundles support

Hi all!

There is a feature request on launchpad
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/devhelp/+bug/1242467

I think it's a really good idea. I've implemented some basic docset bundles support, played with it on my local machine for a week, and found it extremely useful. So I've submitted a pull request to the DevHelp repository on GitHub:
https://github.com/GNOME/devhelp/pull/2
But the repository looks like a mirror of the gnome repo and is not actively used.

So what is the right way to contribute patches?

In addition, I used my own FOSS library to implement the feature (https://github.com/roman-kashitsyn/libdocset). And now I'm in doubts regarding the best way to join the library and the DevHelp together. Should I create a PPA and distribute the library through it? I'm a newbie in the Debian package distribution and appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance.

--
Best regards,
Roman