Re: scaffold projects's build system thoughts ...

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 12:50, Sven Herzberg, GNOME Deutschland wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I was just supporting somebody who was working on a gnome assiotiated
> application for his company and he didn't find out easily how to modify
> the project to include libglade's include directory.
>
>   This brought me to some thoughts regarding the build system that one
> could implement in scaffold. What do you think about this?
>
> Is it possible to have a configure.in.in (I've seen lots of them in
> kde's cvs) that can be processed to a configure.in script before we run
> autogen.sh (or we do this in the first step of running autogen.sh)? This
> way we could prevent most users from fiddling around with autotools and
> we could get the neccessary level of knowlege about all this stuff as
> low as possible while keeping the complete mightyness of the autotools.
>
> Comments?

I don't know if I follow you.  What would the configure.in.in gain you
that having Scaffold maintain configure.in couldn't?  Scaffold's build
system should be complete (once it is complete that is) to the point
that the user never has to touch configure.in or Makefile.am unless they
really wanted to.

--
J5