scaffold projects's build system thoughts ...

Hi,

  I was just supporting somebody who was working on a gnome assiotiated
application for his company and he didn't find out easily how to modify
the project to include libglade's include directory.

  This brought me to some thoughts regarding the build system that one
could implement in scaffold. What do you think about this?

Is it possible to have a configure.in.in (I've seen lots of them in
kde's cvs) that can be processed to a configure.in script before we run
autogen.sh (or we do this in the first step of running autogen.sh)? This
way we could prevent most users from fiddling around with autotools and
we could get the neccessary level of knowlege about all this stuff as
low as possible while keeping the complete mightyness of the autotools.

Comments?

Regards,
  Sven
--
Sven Herzberg <herzi gnome-de org> · Jabber: herzi jabber org
GNOME Deutschland                  · http://www.gnome-de.org/