Re: Scaffold: mime-type/context sensitive layouts
- From: Jeroen Zwartepoorte <jeroen xs4all nl>
- To: Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com>
- Cc: Naba Kumar <kh_naba gmx net>, "John (J5) Palmieri" <johnp martianrock com>, Gnome Dev Tools List <gnome-devtools gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Scaffold: mime-type/context sensitive layouts
- Date: 19 Sep 2003 14:10:13 +0200
On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 11:22, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 09:31, Naba Kumar wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 22:35, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> > > For
> > > instance, glade will eventualy be integrated into Scaffold as a plugin.
> > > Glade has about four windows - widget pallet, widget tree, proprerties
> > > and the canvas (where the widgets get assembled).
> > How are the glade UI components exported from glade3? bonobo-components
> > or widgets?
> Glade-3 tools are simple gtk widgets. IIRC John was interested in
> wrapping them in a bonobo component in the same way that glimmer wraps
I'd go for a scaffold plugin which uses the glade3 widgets, not bonobo
controls. IMHO, using widgets is a better approach. With bonobo control
you have to define an IDL interface etc. And since glade3 consists of
multiple items, using widgets is easier.
] [Thread Prev