gtksourceview requires libgnome

Hello. I recently noticed the existance of gtksourceview and am really interested in using in my own project. However, I also noticed that it requires libgnome, which makes me less excited about using it.

Is there any way the requirement could be dropped? I looked in the source and it didn't seem to be integrated too heavily to GNOME. The ChangeLog implies that the requirement was added for i18n? If it would be acceptable and possible, I would be willing to put in some time and make whatever changes are needed to remove the dependency.

-mt