running a program in anjuta2

Hey Gustavo,

I'd like your input on implementing the "Run" command in anjuta2.

The obvious items are:
- Having the backend start the program and redirecting stdout/err to a
GbfRunInfo (GtkTextView).
- Having GbfRunInfo redirecting its input to the program's stdin
(anjuta1 has some existing code for this).

I've already done some very basic hacking in this area.

Some more complex issues:
- A program may need to be installed before it can be run
- A program may be able to be run without installing (a test program)
- A library cannot be run at all, but can be tested via another program.

Which brings us to "Run Configurations". Having a Run Configuration
which contains information on what program to run, which parameters to
pass to it, which environment variables need to be set etc. This needs
to be part of gnome-build, so all backends use it.

Where to store this information? This can either go in the "workspace"
or in the project file. (session.xml or project.anjuta file). What do
you think? The obvious way to store the info is in XML of course.

Have i missed anything so far?

Thanks,

Jeroen