Re: Request: Tarballs of Glimmer, gnome-build, gdl and Anjuta2

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 14:26, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 03:22, Jeroen Zwartepoorte wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > I've been busy working on the "new" glimmer for the last couple of days.
> > And there's lots of stuff planned. I'm not sure when we can do a
> > release, but if you want the latest stuff (cvs is stable), get the
> > "new-gtksourceview" branch of glimmer.
> Please explain further.  Is this a standalone or bonobo component or
> both.  Does it work with Anjuta2?

The glimmer module in gnomecvs is no longer a standalone editor like
glimmer for GNOME 1.x. It's now just a widget/bonobo editor component,
primarily used in anjuta2.

> > It doesn't coexist with glimmer
> > HEAD, so you'll need to overwrite/remove the old one with the new one.
> Coexisting with HEAD is not the problem.  I need it to coexit or
> offer the same functionality as the last release which is 1.2.1.
> The debian maintainer of that package still uses it and I can't tell him
> to start using something else.  If the Glimmer offers a standalone
> editor as well as a Bonobo component that works with Anjuta2, it solves
> all my problems and I will get it from CVS :-)

1.2.1 is probably still the GNOME 1.x standalone editor. If you want to
use a GNOME2 code editor, then i suggest you look at either gedit (2.3
version) which has syntax highlighting, or use anjuta1 which uses the
scintilla editor widget.

> Tarballs would be nice (doesn't have to be production ready release) but
> I'm not going to push you if you don't think it is ready.  Keep up the
> good work.

Glimmer is definitely not ready for production use yet. The rewrite on
the "new-gtksourceview" branch is not yet complete. And some python
integration is also planned.

Hope this helps,

Jeroen