Re: REQUEST: Name change for Anjuta 2

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 19:50, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 12:49, Jeroen Zwartepoorte wrote:

> > > I like it and my coworker liked it.  Should there be a post to gnotices
> > > and see what the community at large thinks?
> >
> > Nah, that's not necessary. If we agree its a good name and there are no
> > existing programs with that name, i think we can change it.
> >
> > Some things for the new name:
> > Application name (as it appears in the panel): Scaffold
> > Program name (as it appears in the terminal) : scaffold
> > Library name: s/libanjuta/libscaffold
> > Method prefix: s/anjuta_/scaffold_
> > Macro prefix: s/ANJUTA_/SCAFFOLD_
> > etc.
> >
> > I think we should start from 0.1 again though (current anjuta2 is at
> > 0.3.6) and start doing regular releases (hopefully we'll get some more
> > developers who want to help out).
> >
> > Jeroen
>
> Ok, count me in on wanting to help out.  I've been looking at the
> codebase for some time now, mosty in modules like gnome-build.  It all
> seems very easy to navigate so I'm guessing I can become useful fast.
> First thing is to get the name change in.  As I said, once Scaffold or
> whatever is approved I would be willing to go in and do the grunt work.
> It would give me even more inisight into the codebase.  After that I
> would like to fix the crash on exit bug being caused by the project
> manager in gnome-build that I filed a bug report on.  There are a host
> of other features I would like to work on but I'll take it one step at a
> time :-)

Cool, we could use some more developers :)

About that bug, are you sure it isn't related to the terminal plugin? Do
you have loaded? There's a bug where the vte reaper reaps things it
shouldn't, which causes anjuta2 to crash on exit iirc.

I just found out that somebody created a "scaffold" project page on
sourceforge september 2002. (sf.net/projects/scaffold) But no files have
been released or anything (it hasn't even got a homepage). I've mail the
maintainer anyway asking if we can use the name. We'll see what he
replies with.

Jeroen