Re: REQUEST: Name change for Anjuta 2

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 18:30, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 10:56, Jeroen Zwartepoorte wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > What do you guys think of the following name: "scaffold". According to
> > gdict it's: "A temporary structure of timber, boards, etc., for various
> > purposes, as for supporting workmen and materials in building".
> >
> > I think it's a fitting name for an IDE. What do you think?
> >
> > A quick search on freshmeat didn't turn up any apps with that name.
> >
> > Jeroen
>
> I like it and my coworker liked it.  Should there be a post to gnotices
> and see what the community at large thinks?

Nah, that's not necessary. If we agree its a good name and there are no
existing programs with that name, i think we can change it.

Some things for the new name:
Application name (as it appears in the panel): Scaffold
Program name (as it appears in the terminal) : scaffold
Library name: s/libanjuta/libscaffold
Method prefix: s/anjuta_/scaffold_
Macro prefix: s/ANJUTA_/SCAFFOLD_
etc.

I think we should start from 0.1 again though (current anjuta2 is at
0.3.6) and start doing regular releases (hopefully we'll get some more
developers who want to help out).

Jeroen