Re: [DevHelp] Some requests

<snip>
> As long as it's clear that Anjuta2 will never replace Anjuta1 (by a
> change of name for one) the harm is less. That way a person can at least
> choose which program he think has the most potential.

*Never* is such a strong word ;-) But I think it is safe to say that at
least in the short/medium term, they are likely to stay as seperate
projects, mainly because merging the codebases is such a huge effort
that no one is ready to do that yet.

> <snip>

> Are there a list of things that needs to be done (like hacking on this
> patch for Glade3) somewhere? And other things that are planned for
> Anjuta1 but not done yet?

I've been pestering Naba to come up with a direction document but I
guess he is already overloaded with the porting job, which has
effectively been a one-man show since I've been too busy with
maintaining the stable branch. I guess now that anjuta 1.0.2 is out of
the way and porting is almost done, we can thresh out the future plan
and come up with such a document.

> I tried out Anjuta1 (gnome2 port) yesterday and I was really impressed.
> It has come a long way since last time I saw it and until told otherwise
> that is where I'm going to direct people that I hear asking which
> project to put there efforts on of the two. I think it has less amount
> of work to be a kick ass IDE that we so badly need.

Thanks :-) Welcome to the 'other side' ;-)

--
Biswa.