Re: [DevHelp] Some requests

Hi,

Biswapesh Chattopadhyay <biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in> writes:

> What I would really like to see in the medium term is that most
> functionality is written as widgets/library form and used by both
> anjuta1 and anjuta2.

> There is no harm in having seperate GUI shells as long as there is good
> code reuse of the base components. After all, writing the shell is not
> as big a deal as the components themselves. For example, the anjuta1
> debugger works really well for most people. It would be nice if it could
> be segregated into it's own component so that anjuta2 can use it as
> well. OTOH, anjuta2 uses a really cool docking widget which is very
> flexible - we would like to use that to give more flexibility to our UI.

I think that you're right in trying to move code to libs/widgets. This
way it can be possible to share good code/functionality between the
different IDE available not only anjunta1 and 2 but even with IDEs
like kdevelop, eclipse and emacs ;-)

Bye
  Christian

--
Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany  christian leutloff de
   http://www.oche.de/~leutloff/     leutloff debian org

        Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.de.debian.org/
               taz muss sein. abomail taz de