Re: [DevHelp] Some requests

tis 2003-04-01 klockan 07.14 skrev Biswapesh Chattopadhyay:

> There have been long discussions on this issue, and I agree that this is
> a problem, but sadly, no party is ready to move over to the "other side"
> - I guess it's a matter of approach and familiarity. As you say, no one
> likes to see their effort wasted. The anjuta2 guys have spent a
> significant amount of time working on their project and would not like
> to see it come to nought. OTOH, I have invested a significant amount of
> my limited free ensuring that anjuta has all the features I need, so I
> would not like to see everything thrown away and rewritten.

As long as it's clear that Anjuta2 will never replace Anjuta1 (by a
change of name for one) the harm is less. That way a person can at least
choose which program he think has the most potential.

> What I would really like to see in the medium term is that most
> functionality is written as widgets/library form and used by both
> anjuta1 and anjuta2. This is why I'm trying to get people who are
> working on Glade, Devhelp, etc. to widgetify their code so that they can
> be integrated nicely into either shell. I'm been moderately successful
> in my efforts too - the glade3 code has been mostly widgetified - I've
> promised them a patch so that the widget set is installed seperately a
> library - but haven't got around to doing it yet, sadly :-(

Yeah, this woubld be ideal.

Are there a list of things that needs to be done (like hacking on this
patch for Glade3) somewhere? And other things that are planned for
Anjuta1 but not done yet?

I tried out Anjuta1 (gnome2 port) yesterday and I was really impressed.
It has come a long way since last time I saw it and until told otherwise
that is where I'm going to direct people that I hear asking which
project to put there efforts on of the two. I think it has less amount
of work to be a kick ass IDE that we so badly need.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/