Re: bond and database.

On Thu, 2001-11-22 at 04:13, Andrew Hill wrote:
> Hello Boys and Girls.

Hi Andrew

> I'm working on bond (building object network databases), a libary at the
> moment for building gtk database applications.  Anyway I've just split
> the package, with the creation of a new programme package bonddb which
> just deals with databases specific objects.
>
> I'm in the process of rewriting sections of bonddb, I'm going to isolate
> all the postgresql code and slowly working towards complete intergration
> with gnome-db.
>
> bonddb site http://bonddb.treshna.com
> bond site http://bond.treshna.com
>
> Anyway, anyone here working on glade, or know a lot about it to know
> things are going, ie gtk2.0?

Glade1 has recently been ported to GNOME 2, I haven't tested it yet, but
it seems to work ok for GNOME 2. Also, glade2, a Glade1 rewrite, is on
the way

> And are we working on making anjuta a central point for development
> tools, with intergration with things like gnome-db, bond, glade etc?
> I know a wee tiny bit about corba, but i'm not at all up to the play
> with bonobo, should i be adding in bonobo around my api?.  Anyone know
> where i can find some helpful documentation if this is the way we are
> going.

you can find API docs at http://developer.gnome.org. Also, there was a
recent tutorial about Bonobo controls/components in
http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/projecten/bonobo-gwizard/

cheers