Re: building anjuta2 on Debian Woody: success!

Hi,

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Timothee Besset wrote:

> I initially posted this on the anjuta-devel list .. looks like I wanted to
> post it here actually .. hopefully it will help some other anjuta newbies
> like me ...
>
> ---------------------
>
> Ok, I didn't try hard enough yesterday. I've been able to build anjuta2 on
> a debian woody. I'll post below all the stuff I had to go through, maybe
> it can be helpfull to other adventurous people out there:
>
> grab from gnome cvs (see anjuta website/dev section for gnome cvs info):
> anjuta2/
> gdl/
> gnome-build/
> gnome-debug/
>
> I wanted to isolate all of the stuff I compiled in a specific Anjuta
> prefix. So it's gonna be /home/timo/Anjuta/usr for now. My work log
> follows:
>
> # using a /home/timo/Anjuta/usr prefix
> # for installation of the CVS HEAD packages
> # and installation of anjuta2
>
> export PATH=/home/timo/Anjuta/usr/bin:$PATH
>
> # compiled gdl with prefix (./autogen --prefix=/home/timo/Anjuta/usr)
> # make install
>
> # next, building gnome-build
> # need to set ACLOCAL_FLAGS to find the gdl.m4 files
> # (the m4 files are needed during automake step,
> # i.e. building the configure script)
> export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /home/timo/Anjuta/usr/share/aclocal"
>
> # then, the system gnome-config needs to be able to answer correctly
> # when something asks about the config information for gdl
> export GNOME_LIBCONFIG_PATH=/home/timo/Anjuta/usr/lib

Setting GNOME_PATH=/home/timo/Anjuta/usr also does the trick (and is less
specific).

> # this allowed to build gdl and gnome-build so far
> # then gnome-debug wants GAL 0.12.0 or higher
> # which is not in Debian Woody yet
> # grabbing explicitely libgal and libgal-dev from sid (Debian unstable)
> # installs without conflicts (dpkg -i ...)
> # after installing GAL, gnome-build will configure and compile
>
> # and then .. jump to anjuta2 ..
>
> Ok .. once the anjuta2 binary is there .. it's not very impressive when
> you are running it. But if you want a creepy feeling, try this:

Since you're installing somewhere other than /usr, you need to tell OAF
where to find the plugins (that's why you get a big empty anjuta window).

export OAF_INFO_PATH=/home/timo/Anjuta/usr/share/oaf

and then

killall oafd && anjuta2

You should now get an anjuta window with some visible components.

Hope this helps,

Jeroen