Re: IDLs defined?

> Hello, only one question: Is there any IDL defined to do a development
> tool like kdevelop?
>
> I mean a defined interface to make glade && GtkTrace && gvd like
> applications work all as the Evolution's components does.

Very interesting.
What kind of components glue mechanism does Evolution provide?
I believe an IDE should provide minimum functions but maximum
glue mechanism. Emacs? it is an exception:-P

As a developer of GtkTrace, I want a follow mechanism to
an IDE:

* Insert GtkTrace enable flags to Makefile
* Remove GtkTrace enable flags to Makefile
* Run target

If the window of GtkTrace is packed into the IDE window, it is cool
but it is not necessary. Could an IDE provide above mechanism if
we define the IDL?

How about glade and gvd?
How do you think, IDE authors?

Masatake YAMATO

p.s. A developer who need the tool glue mechanism is busy for his/her own
product. Therefore none can develope complete tool glue mechanism
now.