Re: CVS compile problem (autoconf related?)

On Mon, 2001-08-20 at 04:07, Dave Fallon wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 02:49:54PM +1000, Chris Heywood wrote:
> > thanks for the help...
> >
> > with the suggestions you made I ended up being able to get gIDE and
> > requisites compiled.  (note: even though I changed the ac_max_sed_lines
> > in /usr/share/autoconf/acgeneral.m4 and
> > /usr/share/autoconf/acgeneral.m4, these values didn't seem to get used.
> > I had to edit the configure script itself on each occasion).
> >
> > however now that I have it running, I seem to be having a few issues.
> > firstly there appears to be a whole heap of debug at startup.  not sure
> > if this is incorrect (I've appended it).  and then when I try to create
> > a new project I get this output and nothing appears:
> >
> > ** CRITICAL **: file project-tool.c: line 162 (project_new): assertion
> > `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed.
> >
> :) That's me. I'm working on implementing the new project druid - it's not quite done yet. You can open existing projects (like gIDE itself), however.

ah ok no worries =)

I was only testing out CVS because I was having trouble with the latest
tarball release.  maybe I should go back and try those out and report my
problems ... (I noticed there was a checkin related to gtkhtml being
built with gconf enabled, maybe that was my problem).

thanks,
chris