Re: Building and running gIDE

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 11:32:13PM -0400, Ed Snible wrote:
> I built gIDE for the first time in months tonight.  'make install'
> succeeded without complaints, but the the only menu options available
> are File|Exit, Tools|Plug-ins, Settings|Settings, Settings|Customize,
> and Help|About.
>
> Any idea what what I'm doing wrong?

It seems oaf is not finding any plugins.  Try this:

$ oaf-run-query "repo_ids.has ('IDL:Bonobo/PropertyBag:1.0') AND gide:shell_component == 'true'"

This should give you a bunch of result lines (currently 25 in my system).  If it doesn't, make sure you are not running any oaf/bonobo application (evolution, nautilus, etc.) and run oaf-slay.

Then set the environment var OAF_INFO_PATH to /usr/local/share/oaf and run the query again to make sure it works.

Hope this helps.

Gustavo