Re: [Gnome-devtools] gnome-edit

> Instead of gnome-edito support, I'll select glimmer as the third default
> editor of gtkTrace. (gtkTrace already supported gnudoit and emacsclient).

Sounds good to me.

> I've just tried glimmer. The GtkNotebook based buffer handling feature
> is so cool.
>
> How do you think about follwoing idea?
>
> glimmer-remote -f /home/foo/foo.c -l 31
>
> glimmer-remote doesn't launch new glimmer process but looks for
> running glimmer process.  glimmer-remote sends a request to create new
> Notebook that opens /home/foo/foo.c to runing glimmer process.
> Something like emacsclient.
It is a planned feature in the future. Basically what I am going to do
is this:

1. If it is started without any arguments, a new process will be
started.
2. If it is started with standard arguments (list of files), a new
process will be started.
3. If it is started with -f, a new file will be opened in an already
running process.
This is just what I have thought up so far, for use in debugging and
such. There will also be some type of corba/bonobo interface that will
be able to recieve open/close/save type operations.

Later,
Chicane

--
ICQ: 14727618
Use Glimmer for all of your GNOME coding needs.