Re: [Gnome-devtools] gnome-edit

> AFAIK, all gnome-edit compatible editors can be told to open a file by
> passing the filename on the commandline with no other arguments:
> gnome-edit /home/foo/foo.c

Thank you. This is what I'd like to know. Because there is no line jump
support in gnome-edit, I will not support gnome-edit in gtkTrace.

> My program, Glimmer, works the same, but can also take line numbers like
> this:
>
> glimmer -f /home/foo/foo.c -l 31
> (ie only if the file is specified with -f)
Instead of gnome-edito support, I'll select glimmer as the third default
editor of gtkTrace. (gtkTrace already supported gnudoit and emacsclient).

I've just tried glimmer. The GtkNotebook based buffer handling feature
is so cool.

How do you think about follwoing idea?

glimmer-remote -f /home/foo/foo.c -l 31

glimmer-remote doesn't launch new glimmer process but looks for
running glimmer process.  glimmer-remote sends a request to create new
Notebook that opens /home/foo/foo.c to runing glimmer process.
Something like emacsclient.

Thank you again.
Masatake