Re: [Gnome-devtools] Parsing/Language Analysis

Martijn van Beers wrote:

> On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 02:38:24PM -0400, Mark wrote:
>
> > I looked at DOM, just briefly though. Very interesting. I'm going to
> > have to look at this further, to comment usefully. One question though,
> > is there an open-source implementation of DOM?
>
> there's gdome in the gnome cvs repository. ask raph or mathieu about it.

ok.

> > I also checked out conglomerate, another interesting project. Although
> > they are mainly focused on XML parsing / structured document
> > editing.
>
> Well, source code is a form of 'structired document', isn't it?

True. DOM, conglomerate, and Harmonia all have a similar type of tree
representation.

> Also take a look at http://advogato.org/article/21.html where Radagast
> talks about conglomerate doing source code editing.

Yes, I read that. I mean't there wasn't much overlap currently. There
could be more overlap if say they implemenent a C parser, but one of
Harmonia's goals is to be multi-lingual. Also I should point that there
structured editor is just one of the possible view/controllers for the
"Language Kernel". Still, I think it would be great to colaberate,
perhaps as we dicuss this more we could show them the we propose doing
(implementation wise). I personally don't want comprimise the design of
Harmonia too much, as I think it is a very good design.

Mark