Re: [Gnome-devtools] Parsing/Language Analysis

Martijn van Beers wrote:

> On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 09:25:16AM -0400, Mark wrote:
>
> > Signals:
> > Signals would be emitted primarily from changes in the syntax tree, such
> > as a new node being created, or a node being deleted, or a node being
> > changed.
> this sounds a lot like DOM. Are you considering using that? Or maybe flux.
> I think it would be a good idea to talk to the conglomerate guys
> (www.conglomerate.org) as they have been talking about making it do
> coding-language parsing.

Thanks a lot for the links, I'm fairly ignorant as far as what other
people are doing in this area.

I looked at DOM, just briefly though. Very interesting. I'm going to
have to look at this further, to comment usefully. One question though,
is there an open-source implementation of DOM?

I also checked out conglomerate, another interesting project. Although
they are mainly focused on XML parsing / structured document
editing.Right now I see very little overlap in the projects (Harmonia
and conglomerate), but if they did add general parsing that would be a
different story. We should at least let them know of what we are
planning.

Anyway I'm a bit busy right now, expect a more thorough report after I
look at DOM.

Mark