Re: Qt for GNOME?

I also can't help thinking that, why not put a Qt API on top of GNOME
Platform?

Believe it or not, Qt is a more polished and integrated toolkit on the
surface, but we have better and more robust code in the inside.  I say
that from my experience from Pango, having worked with Qt hackers to
merge the text shaping engine of Qt and Pango into HarfBuzz.  We also
have things like cairo, which is becoming the standard drawing API on
freedesktop, is designed with API usability in mind from the beginning,
and is simply too cool to give away.

Just my 0.02CAD,

behdad

--